The 1200 Series pingers are high specification pingers used for pig tracking and other subsea marking and location functions
A 1200 Series pinger may be fitted to a pig for use in offshore, fluid filled pipelines. The standard 1200 Series model can produce up to 20W or 60W (high power configuration) of acoustic power at a single operating frequency in the range of 9-18 kHz. Medium frequency and high frequency options are available with frequencies in the range of 24-30 kHz and 30-40 kHz respectively (configured at time of manufacture).
1200 Series Pingers may be fitted with an MCIL6F connector that allows them to be interfaced with external equipment for use as long range, robust, low data rate modems for remote monitoring applications. For example, a 1200 Series Pinger may be interfaced with an OEL 6000 subsea logger and used to transmit pressure readings every minute over several km.
- Can be loaded many months in advance and will only be activated by conducting fluid
e.g salt water or MEG, when line is flooded.
- Highly configurable - performance and functionality can be tailored to meet specific customer requirements e.g for differentiation between two pingers operating in close proximity
- Battery life can be conserved with Delay Start or Pressure Switch options
- High power configurations are available with an acoustic power output of 60W. This can provide an increase in range of between 10% and 25% dependent on the configured frequency
- Dual rate option allows pinger to be configured with an external piece of equipment such as OEL Gauge Plate to confirm integrity of a subsea pipeline or as an alarm on an ROV.
- Part of the GRID™ system which transmits the time of an event as a series of acoustic
pulses. This allows the location where the event occurred to be determined by reference to pumped volume data without having to recover the pinger first.
Battery Capacity: Custom 31.5V Alkaline Battery Pack
Battery Life at +5°C: 79 Days*
Acoustic Output Power: 20W ±3dB*
Operating Temperature Range: -2°C to +54°C (+28°F to +129°F)
External Pressure Rating: 3,000m(9,842ft)/300bar (4531 Psi)
Length: 417mm (16.4”)
Diameter: 113mm (4.4”)
Weight in Air: 11.5 KG (25.3lbs)
Housing Material: 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel
Endcap Material: 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel
Transducer Material: PEEK/PU
The battery life of a 1200 Series Pinger is dependent on the operating temperature, acoustic power, pulse length and ping rate. The acoustic power, pulse length and ping rate can all be configured by OEL at the time of manufacture to match the customer’s desired performance and battery life. Please contact OEL to discuss specific project requirements.