IK’s High Pressure Elbow Plugs are recommended for hydrostatic test applications
High Pressure Elbow Plugs are used when a weld or joint needs hydro testing but no flanges are available. Temporary flanges or pipe caps can be welded to the pipe and removed after testing, however this is expensive and time consuming. Using High Pressure Elbow Plugs eliminates the cost of material and reduces labour time.
Product: HIGH PRESSURE ELBOW PLUG
Pipe Schedule: Various
Size Range: 3” through 12”
General Function & Application
- Available for horizontal and vertical applications
- Hardened steel vice jaws
- Standard test pressure of up to 230 bar
- Hydraulically operated plugs available – size dependent
- Larger by-pass facility available on request
- Can be used in a range of pipe schedules.
- Instructions and hydrostatic test certificates supplied
- Patent Application – UK: 1221506.7