Isolate, monitor upstream pressure, and test flange weld connections with just one tool!
Save on time consuming conventional practice of filling and draining entire lines to test flange-to-pipe weld connections! IK’s Raptor Plug™ allows you to isolate and monitor potentially explosive vapours during hot work, then hydrotest the new weld connections with the same tool. Integrating the functionality of a conventional Double Block and Bleed Plug with vice jaws, Raptor Plugs provide increased operational safety by minimizing the risk of accidental blowouts/expulsions due to unexpected upstream pressure. IK’s Raptor Plugs dual port design creates a positive pressure barrier between the seals - safely isolating hot work from any residual upstream gases. Perform flange weld testing with an Isolation Plug that protects both equipment and personnel.
Product: RAPTOR PLUG™
Pipe Schedule: Various
Size Range: 1” to 4” NPS (DN50 to DN100) (Larger sizes on request)
General Function and Application
- Monitor potentially explosive vapours during hot work via a bypass port
- Single test port system allows water/media to be filled between seals, providing seal verification during weld procedures
- Gripper technology minimizes risk of accidental blowout/expulsion
- Creates a positive pressure barrier between seals
- Steel construction and Copper welding sleeve for anti-stick protection during welding
- Perform flange weld testing with less water – reducing fill times, and waste/treatment expenses
- ASME PCC-2 Type IV Testing Device*
- 3335 Psi.g (230 Bar.g /ANSI 900 ) between the seals
- Upstream pressures: up to 2175 Psi.g (150 Bar.g/ANSI 600)
-higher pressures available upon request